It can be a struggle to develop content ideas for your firm’s blog/newsletter/social media. So, if you’re looking for a year-end/New Year idea, here’s one that takes very little time to pull together: a year-end greatest hits compilation.
A greatest hits compilation could include:
- A rundown of your firm’s “best” honors (e.g. Best Lawyers, Best Law Firms, Super Lawyers, etc.), especially if you didn’t publicize them at the time;
- A compilation of your client results, whether it’s a handful of big wins or many smaller settlements. Obviously, confidentiality issues likely prevent you from giving many details, but you can probably say something along the lines of “Settled five personal injury claims worth more than $600,000 each,” or whatever number or information is relevant, depending on your practice area and what side of the docket you’re on;
- Links to your most popular or important blog posts, especially if there are any new laws that could affect your clients’ businesses.
What to do with this content?
- Publish it on your blog;
- Distribute it as a press release, which will likely show up on any internet searches of your firm’s name;
- Promote it on social media;
- Send it to your email newsletter list.
Sharing a year’s worth of good news at one time is a great way to capture the best things you did this year and remind your network that you’re doing good work. Think of it as your law firm’s holiday letter without the vacation photos or cute baby pics.
Love this idea but don’t have time to execute it? That’s why we’re here. Contact us at email@example.com if we can help.
Amy Boardman Hunt is all about helping lawyers find their voice and showcase their expertise. She has written, edited, and distributed more press releases than you’ve had cheeseburgers. When she’s not doing that, she’s trying to find great hiking spots in Dallas. If you know of any – or you need a legal marketing muse – drop her a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.