Cheers to the new year! Whatever you’ve identified as your personal resolution in 2022, we have its business development counterpart to help keep you motivated all year.
Need help sticking to those marketing resolutions? That’s why we’re here! Muse Communications was named one of Dallas’ best legal public relations firms by the readers of Texas Lawyer (although we represent clients all over Texas). Just drop us a line.
Find your resolution in this list to start your journey.
- Improve your health and fitness: Ah, the most popular resolution of all! If improving your health and fitness is your goal (maybe it’s joining a climbing gym, or maybe it’s just flossing regularly), you should ramp up your email game! There’s nothing like email to improve the overall health and fitness of your marketing program. The analytics alone will give you insights that other marketing initiatives just don’t.
- Read more books: If you’re one of those people with a stack of books as tall as your nightstand, I see you. And if you plan to get to that stack this year, might I suggest authoring some law articles? They say that the best writers are avid readers, so get the most out of your new hobby by contributing to a publication that your clients read. Whether it’s a traditional magazine, a LinkedIn article or a newsletter, a published post is the content marketing gift that keeps on giving.
- Take a dream vacation: Your round-trip flight is booked, your passport is renewed, and the Duolingo owl won’t leave you alone. If you’re ready to mingle with the locals from Montevideo to Marrakech, try attending some professional networking events to get used to the idea of being somewhere new while chatting with strangers… who will someday become friends. Or clients.
- Quit a bad habit: Whatever it is you’re quitting, from a legal marketing standpoint, I suggest deleting that social media account that’s doing absolutely nothing for you. Did you start a #LawBoss Instagram that only has five tiles from two years ago? Get rid of that negative energy in your life and focus on what actually works, like LinkedIn.
- Start a meditation practice: There are a lot of distractions pulling our attention in every direction, so it’s helpful to take some time to focus on what really matters in your life. In your professional life, that could mean spending your valuable time doing what you trained so hard to do (i.e. being a lawyer) and less on what you can outsource, such as legal marketing tasks. The more time you save by outsourcing your marketing, the more time you can spend on client (read: billable) work. Let the pros do the heavy lifting while you focus on what you do best.
Whatever it is you’re trying to accomplish in the new year, we wish you the best of luck in 2022 and beyond. Go get ‘em!
Christina takes traditional legal marketing copy and upcycles it into snackable, click-able and shareable digital content. As Muse’s newsletter guru, she creates custom newsletters for clients from development to distribution. If you’re looking for a snappy headline or engaging email, send her a note at email@example.com.